QC Technician / Quality Technician
QC Technician / Quality Technician, Ossett West Yorkshire, Food Manufacturing
To monitor, control and report on raw materials, products, process and quality systems and to fulfil duties of the position in a safe and responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Code of Practice and product protection practices are followed at all times, including hygiene duties as directed by your supervisor.
- To analyse finished products and work in progress (WIP) within the production department.
- Auditing of plant / process, HACCP, Quality Control and process control records for each department in the factory.
- To carry out as required non routine analysis of NWF or competitors' products as required by the QC Supervisor / Manager or Technical / Production Management.
- To liaise with other functions and departments within the company to ensure that preventative / corrective action is taken to prevent the recurrence of quality problems.
- To provide detailed disposition instructions for failed products and raw materials, providing the Production Supervisor with support where required.
- To conduct where necessary, any non-routine analysis and investigations as requested by the Management Team.
- To work within company quality procedures and to ensure these are reviewed and constructively challenge where applicable. Assist in maintenance and control all aspects of quality work instructions and forms relating to the QC Department.
- To ensure that the system for replenishment of lab chemicals and consumables is adhered to in full, placing orders in a timely manner and ensuring that the team are fully aware of these activities.
- To ensure that all safety instructions required by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) are followed in full and that any visitors admitted to the lab are appropriately controlled.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and practices within your responsibility area are adhered to.
- Assist with stock counts as required.
- Actively work towards a zero complaints attributable to the team and work to a 'Right first time' policy for the production process.
- To assist QC Supervisor
- Develop own responsibilities to the most appropriate level through teamwork, training, counselling and motivating both collectively and on an individual basis.
- To achieve targeted outputs specific to your role.
- To undertake such training as is viewed necessary by the company to improve personal performance or to meet the overall business objectives.
- To rotate as required between Blending and Bakehouse QC testing.
- To be flexible and provide cover if required and during any periods of planned overtime.
Working Hours: Shift pattern working - Sun - Thurs 10pm - 6am. 40 per week
Salary: £Competitive Salary +Excellent Benefits Package
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for the following: QA Manager, Quality Manager, Technical Manager, QA Auditor Packaging Technologist Quality Manufacturing Production FMCG Food Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Drink, Beverages, Wakefield, Leeds, Doncaster