Head of Engineering
This is the perfect time to join a business who are in the process of going through major investment and change. We are looking for a specialist in this key area to both maximise current multi sited operations and support growth and development in to new product areas. Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will benefit from a background in the food industry; more importantly however are the attributes of a Head of Engineering, with demonstrable operational engineering experience as well as the ability to manage change and maximise output from equipment and the engineering team.
- Develop the company's engineering strategy, policy and procedures
- Design and implement process improvements to increase over-all machine and facility efficiency to world class levels
- Define the key engineering priorities required to deliver maximise return on capital employed
- Manage and develop an existing team of engineers, with the emphasis upon on-going process improvement
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and business requirements, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Develop and oversee the engineering budget, plan investment in equipment, manage all capital and consumable spend, as well as labour.
- You should have a number of years’ experience in managing large fast paced manufacturing environments preferably within food.
- You must have experience of Good Engineering Practice (GEP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) systems.
- Be able to display sound commercial, business and financial knowledge, as well as having a working knowledge of relevant QA, Environmental, Health and Safety standards and compliance systems