Multi Skilled Engineering Technician - Aylesbury
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join our flagship dairy in Aylesbury. The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer who will combine their knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles to support the delivery of a successful Dairy Production Facility. Working as part of a high performing team, focusing on the preventative maintenance and optimisation of all site equipment and processes.
This multi skilled engineer role is not only about running and maintaining equipment (although a significant part of the role), but also about developing continuous improvement teams and leading/facilitating these through a number of lean manufacturing areas to deliver improvements across the Dairy. This will include:
- Delivery of planned/predictive engineering maintenance across all production lines & process areas,
- Continuous improvement facilitation of cross-functional teams, using a combination of tools & techniques such as TPM, RCM, FMEA, 5'S and Kaizen events etc
- Identification and implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to OEE, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
Additional responsibilities will include;
- Performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all Dairy process and packaging equipment;
- Actively maintaining a detailed PPM system
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment as an Engineer is essential; with experience or an appreciation of the FMCG industry being desirable. In addition you must be:
- Qualified to ONC or equivalent in manufacturing/operations areas
- Experienced in Automation/PLC, Siemens control systems preferred
- A strong communicator - confident to work with people at all levels
The successful candidate will work a 42 hour week on a rotating shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends, so flexibility is a key requirement of this role. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with one of the world's largest dairies, that encourages internal promotion.
Our Aylesbury site is in commutable distance from locations like Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton and Hemel Hempstead.