Assistant Shift Manager
ASSISTANT SHIFT MANAGER
£24-£30K (dependent upon skills and experience)
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, and operating from a purpose-built production facility and a second warehouse site, Virani Food Products Limited is a family owned business employing 60 dedicated and professional staff.
Founded on the market-leading Virani brand of gram flour we have become the supplier of choice for spices, seasonings and pulses to many leading blue-chip food manufacturing companies servicing the highly demanding UK retail market. Virani is included in the M&S A List for Dried Herbs and Spices as a miller and blender.
Virani has recently been through a period of significant organic growth and we are seeking to appoint a numbers of Assistant Shift Managers to our management team who will develop and lead the Technical team to drive standards and compliance forwards.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager or Shift Manager this role will involve taking leadership and line management responsibility for assigned parts of the Operations function, principally the manufacture and warehousing of raw materials and finished goods in line with company and customer standards, specifications and requirements.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements regarding health and safety, food safety and employment law.
- Reporting against agreed key targets and KPI’s including throughput versus the production plan, productivity, wastage and stock accuracy.
- Ensuring that daily and weekly activities are completed in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner and in line with the production and sales delivery plan.
- Line management of direct reports including issues relating to performance and conduct, training and development and performance review and appraisal.
- Promoting a strong internal and external customer service ethos so as to meet and exceed expectations.
- Composing reports and conducting meetings regarding handovers and other operational activities.
- Ensuring the accurate stock control of raw materials, consumables and finished goods.
- Promoting best practice and driving continuous improvement.
- Providing cover for the Shift Manager and support and guidance to reportees ensuring a consistent approach across all shifts and departments.
The role would suit somebody who has good all-round experience in food production and warehousing and is looking for their first introduction into a managerial role within this field. Knowledge and experience of the food industry is an advantage but is not essential. Candidates should have good communication skills, both written and oral and be computer literate. We are looking for people who will be self motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire for continuous improvement. A flexible approach to work and a desire to work closely as part of a team is also essential. Full training and support will be given in the role.
To apply for this role, please email your full CV, covering letter and salary expectations by clicking the apply button below