Quality Assurance Team Leader
Position: Quality Assurance Team Leader, 12 months contract
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Manage all relevant aspects of the Factory Quality function to ensure compliance. This includes overall responsibility for:
- All Test Plans and product conformity monitoring using SAP Quality module)
- Control of non-conforming product (including correct and timely management of product status on SAP)
- Appropriate management of non-conformances (QA and factory attributed)
- Appropriate management of food safety/quality incidents and (including corrective actions) – escalating where required
- Concessions, shelf life extensions (WIP) and QN reduction programmes
- Effective management of all relevant factory QA systems
- Laboratory Procedures and Standards, ensuring both accuracy & efficiency
- Assigned QA budget, assisting to meet Departmental budget
- Direct the QA Technicians and play a key role in their development to ensure function objectives are met and to meet future departmental requirements. Objective assessment of QA staff performance.
- Monitor and trend product conformity and actively identify areas for improvement.
- Be actively involved in customer visits and third-party audits as well as all visit/audit preparation activities.
- Be actively involved in the site HACCP programme as well as internal auditing activities.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of customer complaints (where appropriate) to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Cover customer-based complaint requirements during weekends.
- To be actively involved with the non-conformance programme for the site and assigned quality related projects to ensure that the site/ departmental objectives for continuous improvement are progressed.
- Provide timely QA support for Operational, Engineering, NPD and QA teams.
- To be actively involved with the Quality KPI’s activities.
- Deputise for the Factory QA Lead as appropriate and necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
·Degree in Food science/ technology or related subject ·3-5 years in a food manufacturing environment at management level ·Laboratory experience within the food industry preferable
- Managing direct reports including Performance Review and Development Planning
- Managing a Food Safety Audit programme
- Auditing experience
- Experience in dealing with Third-Party Auditors and Government Bodies such as Trading standards and Environmental Health
- Experience in dealing with major industrial and/or retail customers as appropriate
- Must have a sound working knowledge of Food Industry Quality and Food Safety programmes and audit standards (HACCP, BRC, AIB etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Customer focused with an eye for detail
- Assertive team player with a “hands on” approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and to make decision in “real time”
- Autonomous, self-driven, dynamic and results orientated
- Organisational and strong communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- PC Literate
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply below.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.