Night Production Manager
You have the chance to join a well established company as the Night Production Manager where you will be working closely with the site leadership team on the night shift in order to drive improvements.
This company based in the South Birmingham area manufacture an array of bespoke products & supply into the FMCG & regulated markets; they are experiencing significant growth & as a result have introduced a new shift. As they grow they want to maintain operational excellence & as the Night Production Manager you will be instrumental in ensuring their continued success.
As the Night Production Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the production is run efficiently whilst driving the emphasis on the quality, health & safety and environmental procedures. You will be part of the senior management, working cross functionally with other departments in order to ensure continuity of best practice across shifts.
- Support the corporate strategy, continuously review and improve manufacturing processes, and facilities utilising manufacturing engineering techniques to ensure the needs of the customer are consistently met.
- Provide strong leadership and team building skills with the capability to involve, motivate and develop teams, promoting a high level of morale, discipline and productivity within all areas of the production operations.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning capacity, work flow, and equipment layout ensuring the latest quality systems and measures are met.
- Assure product and process capability by utilising the latest manufacturing engineering techniques.
- Provide manufacturing information to aid the decision-making by calculating resource, costs and reviewing production schedules in line with Operations Planning.
- Prepares manufacturing KPIs by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Actively promote and participate in Manufacturing Excellence, Six Sigma, 5S and lean manufacturing activities, working closely with other departments to support continuous improvement.
- Promote good working practices that ensure the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Policy are met in line with the statutory legislation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK A 36 HOUR WEEK (MONDAY TO FRIDAY 21:00 - 6:00)
A Production Manager with experience managing a team within a FMCG/regulated manufacturing environment with:
- Formally recognised lean (e.g. six sigma, 5S, SMED, Kaizen etc.)
- Proven track record in relevant manufacturing industries (FMCG, batch manufacturing)
- Decisive; comfortable making decisions for the whole site
- A proven leader of people; management & coaching capability
- The ability to drive performance through KPIs & analysis
- Proven experience driving manufacturing efficiency and continuous improvement techniques
- Problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
Circa £40,000 + £8,000 Shift Allowance