Assistant Development Chef
Assistant Development Chef
Food Manufacture - Experience in development
£24,000 - £28,000 – DOE
Have you got experience in Food manufacturing, development or are you a chef who’s looking to move in to the world of food development and take a step back from the restaurant?
My clients is going through a very exciting time where they have invested heavily into their NPD Function with their new state of the art NPD facilities.
The Assistant Development Chef will provide a high-level of support to the Development Chefs and
other members of the culinary team, through the efficient and effective upkeep of the NPD kitchen.
The Assistant Development Chef is a new role, providing an excellent opportunity for a motivated and
enthusiastic individual, who is looking for their first step into food product development and has an
aspiration to become a Development Chef. The individual will learn all aspects of the product
development process from conception through to launch and will, over time, start to create concepts
and recipes for client projects.
- Manage the stock ordering process including all ingredients and kitchen supplies, in line with the requirements of the Development Chefs and the general culinary / business needs.
- Operate an effective stock rotation and management system to ensure that all products are used before their BBE dates. .
- Support Development Chefs through keeping detailed records of recipes and amendments to recipes.
- Produce high quality product samples for clients following a set recipe, provided by the Development Chefs; and manage a ‘library’ of bench marked samples in line with the process.
- Learn all aspects of the Product Development Process and work with the Development Chefs to create concepts and recipes for client projects.
- Maintain all kitchen equipment to ensure good working order and standard of hygiene.
- Assist with the preparation, set up and clean down required for customer presentations and catering for visitors / other meetings on site. Manage the dispatch of samples to clients, through producing the correct labels and organising couriers, in line with client requirements.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other teams / individuals in the business and externally.
- A passion for food is essential
- Degree or diploma in Food Technology or culinary related discipline preferred
- Previous experience in food preparation / manufacturing an advantage
- Food Hygiene
- Basic IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- The role will suit an individual who is highly organised and self-motivated who can manage and meet deadlines
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Alexander Rappestad for further information on 0131 226 5060 or on firstname.lastname@example.org