Our client is a specialist in the procurement, sale and distribution of natural and organic products for the retail and manufacturing sectors. They are now looking for an experienced NPD Manager to lead their development team.
Reporting to the Commercial Director this role will involve:
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders including product developers, technical managers and packaging specialists with major multiple retailers.
- Proactively scan the market for new trends in product format, flavour, or packaging and present this to key commercial and technical staff on a regular basis.
- Train and maintain a sensory panel that can be used for product development, benchmarking and product monitoring.
- Develop and present new product, process, or packaging ideas to senior colleagues.
- Champion all NPD own label projects end to end from gap analysis to successful launch.
- Effectively gather, process and present market data in support of your projects, and to influence decision making.
- Manage the critical paths/gatekeeper processes from insight to shelf
- Enhancing product development by engaging directly with the retailers to understand product preference and NPD opportunities
Candidates should have:
- A degree in Food Science and/or Technology.
- Experience working within the framework of supermarket product development procedures
- Experience in working with (and preferably training) sensory panels.
- Exposure to the retail technical libraries building specifications
- Competent with Nutritional values when submitting specification
This an excellent opportunity for a Development manager looking to further their career
Indicative Salary Range: £45000 - 50000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.