Our client, a food manufacturing business is currently seeking a Process Technologist.
As a Process Technologist, you will work directly with the NPD, Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams to contribute to the creation of new products.
A business that has experienced significant positive change recently and predicted future growth, this is a great time to part of the next chapter of their story.
- Devising and implementing the industrial process to ensure that products developed by the New Product Development department can be produced at factory level on a multi-site scale-up basis.
- Ensuring that all technical, food safety and product specifications meet company, customer and legal requirements.
- Assessing existing factory equipment and process suitability.
- Leading on new manufacturing equipment selection.
- Designing and running line trials and assessing the results of these, making improvements where necessary and ensuring production operators are able to run the process.
- A Degree or foundation in Food Technology or a relevant Science or applied Science subject.
- Previous demonstrated experience in the food industry in an NPD / Development / Manufacturing position.
- Understanding of HACCP.
- Experience in gathering and agreeing on technical standards, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and labelling.
- Project management experience
- Experience of problem-solving and working to tight deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Creative and Innovative in the generation of ideas and approaches
- Able to deal with statistical analysis, recipe, and process related calculations
What’s on offer?
- Starting salary of up to £35,000 D.O.E.
- Enrolment pension
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30 - 17.00, (flexibility for business demands)
If you are interested in this position please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Simon Norris.