Nutrition Manager - Costa (Part time)
Costa Nutrition Manager (part-time)
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the UK’s largest coffee shop operators? Being an integral member of our forward-thinking technical team where product quality and passion are at the heart of everything we do? We are looking for a Costa Nutrition Manager (part-time) who will work as an ambassador for NSF and be responsible for providing dedicated nutritional resource for Costa, to support delivery of the Costa Nutrition Strategy.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Driving the nutrition agenda for Costa UK/International
- Being the first point of contact for nutrition for the business
- Being responsible for collating and reporting against internal and external nutritional targets
- Supporting the generation and provision of nutrition and allergy data
- Providing nutritional advice and guidance to the development and marketing teams
- Advising and guiding on any nutritional claims, policy and procedures
- Attending and representing the technical function at Costa nutrition meetings and any other relevant meetings
- Communicating targets out to the supply chain and working collaboratively to meet these
- Liaising with external government bodies on nutritional targets and recommendations
- Providing press and media responses
- Communicating, presenting and influencing key stakeholders within the business
- Dealing with ad hoc nutritional queries and questions
We are seeking a person who is confident, dedicated and thorough with a passion for food and nutrition with the following experience/knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Degree in Nutrition or Nutrition related discipline
- Previous experience within a nutritional role
- Demonstrable understanding of nutritional targets and challenges
- Working knowledge of current nutritional legislation
- Good understanding of new product or menu development process
- Proven ability to influence at a senior level
- Strong level of IT skills and high level of competency including Excel and PowerPoint
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High level of numeracy and negotiation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Key organisational skills
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
You will be based at the Costa offices in Dunstable
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary pro-rata
- Private healthcare
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday pro rata
Costa Coffee is an independent business but now part of the Coca Cola family and the world’s largest total beverage company. As the nation’s favourite coffee shop and the largest and fastest growing coffee shop chain in the UK, its sights have now been set on becoming the world’s number one coffee brand and it is an exciting time in the company’s 40-year history.
NSF International have worked with Costa for 15 years providing the implanted technical team to deliver the technical expertise to support the business. As a global leader in food quality technical standards development, testing, auditing, and training, we are ideal partners to support Costa’s on-going global development.
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Apply now, or call for an informal chat. This is a great time to be joining NSF/Costa and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.