SAI Global, a global provider of Risk Management Solutions, is recruiting for a Technical Manager, with a dual Milton Keynes/London split, to provide technical support and expertise to our key clients in the hospitality sector. The role, which will involve being based in a client’s London headquarters for 3 days a week, will involve approving and reviewing suppliers, product specifications and audit reports as part of the supplier due diligence programme alongside managing the supplier and ingredient database, technical information and the design and review of client policies and processes.
Due to the nature of the role, previous experience in a Technical/NPD role within a food processing environment (either retail, hospitality, or manufacturing) is essential. Additionally, a strong understanding of Food Safety (both 2nd and 3rd party) audits would be highly advantageous. An overview of the main duties of the role has been provided below, and a full copy of the Job Description is available upon request:
- Identify and manage client technical requirements across the main risk areas covering; Food Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics;
- Develop and manage relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally/client-side;
- Represent SAI Global and/or the client when auditing suppliers, working on industry panels and liaising with external bodies;
- Support the auditing, management and approval process of key client suppliers and distributors;
- Analyse and investigate supplier complaint trends, working with suppliers to implement corrective action plans to address causes of actual and potential product non-conformity;
- Manage the technical aspects of menu launch processes ensuring compliance with food and marketing legislation;
- Review client policies and guidelines;
- Any other duties that from time to time may be considered appropriate to your skills and experience.
Experience and Skillset required:
- Minimum of 4 years’ Technical/NPD experience in food processing environment (either retail, hospitality, or manufacturing);
- Relevant Food Science/Food Technology degree (or equivalent);
- Sound understanding of audit systems procedures and policies;
- Demonstrable knowledge of food labelling legislation and requirements;
- Experience of developing, reviewing and authorising menu and/or retail pack label copy;
- Experience in high risk/high care environments within a retail environment would be advantageous;
- Experience of supplier audit/inspection;
- Highly IT literate with the ability to use web-based databases and applications;
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organisational and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to prioritise competing workloads in fast paced business environment;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Effective communicator at all levels.
SAI Global provides a range of solutions, services and expertise to help individuals and organizations manage risk. Our business comprises four core divisions:
- Risk management solutions: We help companies take an integrated approach to risk lifecycle management through an innovative mix of industry expertise, market-leading software and ethics learning solutions;
- Global standards: We are a trusted provider of standards, technical information and regulatory content to organizations globally;
- Australian property broking and information: We are Australia’s largest provider of property information and settlement services and support confident decision making across all stages of the property lifecycle;
- Assurance certification and training: We provide accredited audit and certification services based on third-party endorsed management systems, and world-class training, to support organizations gain efficiencies, improve performance and ensure compliance.
Underpinning all SAI Global’s diverse, market-leading solutions are proven and trusted business methodologies, powered by local expertise and know how.
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.