This S. Yorkshire based role plays a vital part in ensuring full product integrity right the way through all business operations. Reporting into the Head of Technical, the successful candidate will be part of the management team on site and be expected to take on a board technical, quality and compliance role.
Our client is a fast paced food manufacturing business based in S. Yorkshire and have recently seen strong signs of growth. They have multiple manufacturing sites throughout the UK responsible for producing a variety of food categories.
Managing the technical team this role will form part of the senior management team on site ensuring manufacturing processes are fully compliant with customer requirements and meet quality expectations working to BRC standards.
The successful Technical Manager will be responsible for meeting KPI's and maintaining a strong Health and Safety Environment at all times whilst motivating the team to ensure audits, meetings and quality targets are met.
Other day to day responsibilities will include:
- Host audits
- Hold meetings to discuss performance against plan
- Ensure health and safety is prioritised at all times
- Manage a team to work to KPI's ensuring product is delivered to customer on spec
- Encourage a strong team culture to increase team performance
The successful Technical Manager will have a range of the following:
- Degree qualified in a food, nutrition or relevant science based subject
- Experience operating as a Technical Manager within a food/ FMCG manufacturing process
- Understanding of BRC and major retailer standards of manufacturing
- Ability to conduct and host audits
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team and build team culture
- Comfortable working on the shop floor and behind a desk
- Ambition to progress to Head of Technical in 3-5 years
- Competitive Salary Plus Package
- Progression opportunities to Head of Technical
- Employee development and training