FMCG company with sites across Europe are looking for a Quality Manager to lead a cultural change and drive improvements for Quality , Health and Safety on site.
After 44 years of success the FMCG manufacturer are constantly working to cement their position as market leader. They have invested in new machinery and products to insure they maintain their edge over the competition. They have expanded their centres of excellence in the food industry, achieving a smooth transition into the next generation of food packaging.
- Develop and produce procedures, instructions and other documents
- Supervision of QA department personnel
- Manage QA/QC activities including inspections, measurement, capability analysis, SPC to ensure materials/product comply with company/customer quality standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining, investigating and reporting customer complaints as directed, initiating investigation of root causes and implementation of effective corrective/preventive actions. Halting the production process where necessary
- Liaising with company departments to effect changes necessary to improve quality/safety of products
- Providing reports/analysis of quality/safety performance, corrective/ preventive actions and customer complaints to management and customers
- Liaising with customers on quality issues and participating in customer reviews/visits as required
- Conducting supplier audit/assessments as required
- Conducting and reporting Process/Internal Quality Audits. Lead Auditor
- Managing site accreditation to 14001/18001/9001/BRC standards suitable for food packaging business
- Environmental impact and safety risk assessor
- Organisation and conducting internal audits of site HSE system. Lead Auditor
- Maintaining site register of health, safety and environmental legislation, ensuring the site is updated on new and draft, National and EU legislation
- Analysis of H&S data and the development of a related action plan
- Develop and produce procedures, instructions and other documents compliant with BRC/IOP
- Manage company Pest, Glass and Sharps control systems
- Maintaining/reviewing the site HACCP system
The successful Quality Manager will need to have experience working within an FMCG or plastic manufacturing environment. Ideally at least 2 years managing quality teams with an excellent understanding of HSE.