A well-established manufacturer of premium snack foods is seeking a confident and reliable Production Manager to maximise the efficiency of the production unit. You will use your strong leadership skills to realise the full potential of a production team, improving cost productivity, fulfilling schedules and developing employee relations.
A vibrant and fast-growing snack foods manufacturer focused on supplying high quality and innovative products to major UK retailers.
There are TWO Production Manager roles available; one working a 15:00 - 23:00 shift and the other working a night shift from 23:00 - 07:00.
The key responsibilities for the roles include:
- Leading and motivating a team of Production professionals.
- Reporting to the Factory Manager.
- Ensuring controllable costs are effectively managed, working within agreed budgets and effectively assigning resources appropriately.
- Ensuring adherence to relevant H&S and Food Safety legislation.
- Managing existing procedures and developing new processes to ensure food safety, quality, hygiene and production requirements are met.
- Minimising waste in the production process, implementing Cost Reduction Plans where required to streamline the business.
- Monitoring performance relative to KPI's and improvement targets.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure material availability and coordinating activities in order to minimise disruption to production.
- Ensure all briefs are conducted in a timely manner.
- Daily review meeting with cross-functional attendance.
- Maintaining Performance Management Systems for Production Team Leaders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We're looking for a candidate that shows enthusiasm, initiative and excellent communication skills. However, the following basic skills would be an advantage -
- 3 or more years in a food manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, food production and food products.
- Familiarity with Health & Safety and Food Safety Legislation.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of effectively managing a large group.
- Teaching and mentoring skills in order to develop Team Leaders and key operating staff.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of internal procedures.
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate further, apply TODAY!
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."