Subject Matter Expert - Cereals
Our client is an established and progressive leader in their sector delivering thousands of own label products in line with their core values of innovation and integrity. Retaining one of the foremost positions in the market place they are well known for their high quality products, and they’re now looking for a technical expert to deliver exceptional levels of quality for their ever expanding cereal related categories.
As the guardian of product quality you’ll drive the technical agenda for the cereal category across the business, taking ownership of process management and improvement projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Mapping and assessing the supply chain, collaborating with the Group purchasing team to recognise areas for improvement, guaranteeing quality and productivity across the board.
- Developing influential relationships and engaging with your broad supply base, co-ordinating regular visits in order to deliver optimum results for customers.
- Operating as a raw material expert for key stakeholders and customers for categories including bread, pasta, rice and noodles.
- Demanding and championing the highest technical standards, adopting a zero tolerance approach to issues and non-conformances in order to uphold brand values whilst guaranteeing the accuracy of processes for products that are right first time, every time.
- Creating and delivering quality improvement plans, aligning quality and technical requirements with strategic business goals whilst assuring consumer confidence in your high quality product ranges.
An excellent opportunity for a Technical cereal expert with a Food Science qualification, exemplary experience in a food manufacturing environment, ideally Chilled, and a proven record of improving technical procedures and product performance. You will have experience of working directly with UK retailers, and direct knowledge and experience of integrated supply chains within the cereal category.
You’ll also need to have excellent attention to detail and will be well practiced in organising, leading and delivering technical and continuous improvement projects to achieve success. In addition you will be able to use your varied experience and skills to develop and maintain a strong supply base, nurturing relationships whilst challenging existing practices to collaboratively deliver outstanding results. The role will require travel predominantly across the UK, with some European and worldwide.
If you have the confidence and technical know-how to shine in this career defining position then apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Subject Matter Expert - Cereals
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly