Packaging Sustainability Manager
As part of our commitment to driving a leading sustainability agenda we are currently looking for a Packaging Sustainability specialist to join our European & Sub-Sahran Africa (ESSA) R&D packaging team.
This is a newly created position and will focus on driving our snacks sustainability agenda and overcoming relevant economic challenges across the ESSA region.
With the expected delivery of key sustainability programs and economic challenges that need to be addressed, we need to ensure that our R&D packaging team has the necessary skills in place to support these work stream. With increased focus on both packaging innovation and sustainability, building a balanced Foods packaging team capable of supporting both the medium and long term agendas is critical.
Sustainable packaging is a key objective for us and this position will be crucial in further developing this critical capability.
- Lead and Execute Packaging "performance With Purpose" agenda to deliver innovation for Sustainability projects for ESSA marketss
- Translate regional goals and business strategy into technical packaging projects.
- Influence marketing teams positively regarding packaging benefits and opportunities.
- Identify new global technologies and materials sources in order to define a pipeline of differentiated packaging solutions to drive productivity, sustianabilty and innovation programs Globally.
- Serve as Globlal packaging “COE” providing technical expertise (Formats, technology, materials), best practices , guidelines and analytical support for the region, working in collaboration with Global Innovation team, as well as with local teams to deliver capability, packaging harmonization, complexity reduction and flawless Innovation implementation.
- Be fully conversant with the latest packaging technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the consumer and Pepsico.
- Identify, analyse and improve existing packaging and processes to drive continuous improvement programs and competitive advantage for the business
- Proactively optimize cost through evaluation of alternative materials and processes whilst maintaining product quality standards.
- Technical degree in Chemisty, Engineering or a packaging related field with significant industry experience.
- Advanced technical degree is preferred
- Experience of flexible film packaging advantageous.
- Line Management experience.
Key Experience Required
- Strong understanding of R&D and product development disciplines.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills with ability to influence different teams and challenge the status-quo
- Understanding consumer insights and supporting appropriate innovations through application of various packaging technologies.
- Deep knowledge of packaging machines, materials and process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence development strategies of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse organization to accomplish complex goals.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple initiatives and work effectively in an environment of ambiguity and change.