Assistant Maintenance Manager
Role title: Assistant Maintenance Manager
Location: West Lothian, Scotland
Salary: Up to £44,000 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for an Assistant Maintenance Manager to join a leading food manufacturer in the West Lothian region. This role will see you manage a shift-based team of engineers daily. Provide support to the business as required and ensure efficient use of all available resources and to assist operational teams in achieving their goals.
- Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements
- Ensure accurate & timely records are kept of all work carried out, root causes of failures are identified, and measures are taken to prevent a re-occurrence
- Ensure engineering downtime is minimised, accurately logged and monitor the repair times. Liaise with planning and the operations team, to allow for PPM’s and repair work to be completed in timely manner
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
- Provide engineering support to operations to ensure efficient performance of all equipment. Liaise with the operations management team to resolve problems and improve performance
- Manage contractors and suppliers, audit their work, and ensure work permits, and RAMS are issued and that all work is carried out with no risk to the business. Liaise with suppliers to ensure adequate spares and information is made available. Raise purchase orders and negotiate best possible cost benefits to the business
- Manage, plan, prioritise and audit engineering team activities to deliver agreed levels of performance. Manage holidays, absence and always ensure the correct manning levels. Maintain timely accurate records and ensure information is readily available across all shifts. Manage poor performance in line with business procedures and manage first stage disciplinary processes
- Monitor and meet budgetary requirements. If the business needs dictate that the budget limit must be exceeded, this can only be done with prior authorisation
- Where required plan and manage small engineering projects. Ensuring timescales and budgets are met
- Provide when required ‘hands on’ support to the engineering team when workloads are heavy, or resource is limited. Ensure engineering management cover is available during both operational hours and via support mobile phone.
- Proven years practical engineering experience and team leadership/management
- Food factory production / manufacturing experience essential.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load
- Flexibility when required
Whats in it for you?
The opportunity to join a large national and international organisation that is experiencing consistent growth year on year, with the guarantee of a positive environment with career growth and development.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.