Health & Safety Manager (Transport)
Our client, one of the biggest privately owned companies in the UK, is looking for a Transport Health and Safety Manager. You will be responsible for managing Health and Safety for the Transport Department, including the Vehicle Maintenance Unit at their Head office and distribution centre in Merseyside. The Transport Health and Safety Manager will help to identify, co-ordinate and drive improvements in safety and will work closely and collaboratively at all levels within the transport management team. The role will also involve the review of protective and preventative measures in order to minimise occupational health issues and risk of accidents and injuries to employees and other road users as well as identifying, co-ordinating and driving improvements in safety, quality and productivity.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Ensuring that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated to the relevant employees
- Completing and reviewing risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, documenting and investigating accidents and implementing improvements
- Ensuring that a planned programme of safety inspections and audits is carried out and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinating the development of health and safety policies, safe systems of work and procedures and ensuring the completion of tasks
- Organising and carrying out Health and Safety training
- Overseeing store delivery assessments
- Responding to and dealing with enforcement authority enquiries
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of systems and practices in the Company
- Ensuring that all customer and employee complaints are investigated and resolved
Essential skills and experience include:
- Significant experience of Health and Safety Management within HGV transport and distribution
- A demonstrable record of performance, productivity and service delivery
- An in depth knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- CPC National preferred but not essential
- Established over 40 years ago
- One of the biggest Privately owned companies in the UK
- Over 400 stores and employs more than 17,000 staff
- An intention to continue rapid growth with ambitious expansion plans
If you have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of up to £60k per annum and is based at our client’s Head Office and Distribution Centre in Merseyside.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4329 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.