SENIOR DEMAND PLANNER / MANAGER
Senior Demand Planner/Manager
Location: St Albans
Salary Circa £40K + benefits (negotiable)
As one of the leading manufacturers in the UK of ambient foods, this business now has an opportunity for a Senior Demand Planner ready to step up. This is an opportunity to join the business in a Senior role, learning the ropes in management and stepping up into a full Management role, leading the Demand Planning team.
The business has a welcoming culture, a big focus on employee rewards and recognition, and can offer a flexible working environment. With vibrant offices based in Hertfordshire, they are proud of their commitment to employees and continue to be an employer of choice. They can offer fantastic opportunities long term, training and support, in a fun, fast paced environment.
- Take ownership of the forecasting process and deliver a SKU volume forecast for a 24 month horizon.
- Lead the demand planning team to deliver the forecast accuracy
- Lead the monthly Demand Consensus Meeting
- To own and drive the S&OP process though effective sales planning meetings and brand forecast reviews for customer base.
- Ensure new product launches and the annual budget processes are executed effectively.
- Provide clear visibility and track actions to prevent/reduce surplus and aged stock and reduce SKU complexity in order to drive reduced working capital and help maximize operating profit.
- Work effectively with the Supply Chain to ensure forecast changes and assumptions are clear, allowing effective long and short-term plans to be produced.
To be selected for an interview you will ideally be qualified to degree level or be of graduate calibre. You will have demand planning experience over several years, ideally within food manufacturing. Experience managing people is ideal, however training can be provided for the right person.
- Demand Planning experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Food experience desirable
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and aptitude
- Able to gather, manipulate and interpret data; solve problems, predict trends; and establish priorities.
- An ability to easily move from the detailed to the abstract.
- Strong decision making ability in situations where there is ambiguity.
- Ability to conceive, and bring to reality, new and improved ways of doing thing