Development Chef, Recipe Dish for Continental Cuisine, London
How about working for a Brexit proof business?! Whilst many NPD functions reduce their creative capabilities, we are doing exactly the opposite here...
Working for major retailers on a variety of cuisines for the Chilled Ready Meal market, yours is an envious task here. Bringing your culinary skills and communication talents front and centre in order to reach millions of homes every day through mouth-watering meal solutions.
The role of Development Chef within this business, is actually a FOOD DEVELOPMENT position aka New Product Development, aka Innovation, aka NPD Chef, whereby you are creating new dishes and perfecting recipes that go through a factory to reach for shelves of the UK's best supermarkets. You are NOT developing people, or rolling out menus, or assisting with dinner time at various primary schools for kids that hate their greens.
Now that's cleared up, let's get down to details... You will love this job if you...
- Enjoy real product development... the meticulous planning and research of new trends and ingredients
- Can master the flavour profiles that enable you to adapt popular classics or bring brand new dishes to market
- Have been trained well in restaurants, yet understand the distance being bridged between Michelin Stars, Home cooking and convenience foods for retail
- Have a commercial understanding of what works for the masses and the popular food ideas against your own personal preferences
- Can communicate your food concepts and product ideas to an engaged yet discerning customer base
The position can give you a fantastic career within Product Development as a Chef. Your experience of NPD already allows you to understand the various challenges and frustrations of factory production, yet at the same time rewarding you with launches that reach the entire UK consumer market for Chilled Ready Meals.
Your extensive training and meticulous attention to detail through the years, over a range of cuisines allowed you to make the break into NPD. Be good to yourself now, consider this career opportunity as a reward for those hard yards, and join a business which continues to buck the trend and expand. Improving their choice all the time you will have an enviable kitchen and customer base to work from.
Contact me with an update on your achievements and career goals soon as you can.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778 REF. FTL895079
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob