Senior NPD Technologist
Senior NPD Technologist
Lancashire / North Manchester
Do you love cake? Are you a talented NPD professional?
If so, that's a good start!
I'm working for a manufacturer of delicious cake products whose customers include the major retailers and high street food service companies. They are a family-owned business and it's a lovely place to work. At the same time, they have impressive growth plans and are attracting new customers at an impressive rate.
You will have full responsibility for the NPD & EPD process as well as the invention of new recipes and developing concepts from initial brief to launch, to maximise the growth goals and vision of the bakery, whilst engaging in all aspects of the development process and meeting all customer requirements. You will build expertise within the industry and keep up to date with market trends and food legislation, feeding into the company's commercial strategy, identifying future opportunities for the business.
- Working hands-on in the development kitchen you will produce quality samples to despatch to customers within required time frames, whilst conforming to our own ingredient policy and monitoring the use of additives, ensuring conformance with customer policies.
- Engage regularly with market trends and ideation for development briefs
- Manage your own innovation projects, delivering finished concepts OTIF
- Development of Appropriate Packaging, delivered OTIF
- Working within the bakery's Gated NPD Process
- Trouble shooting & resolving factory process issues.
- At times, attend and possibly lead NPD presentations to customers
- Ensure all recipe costing are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager and bakery operatives to ensure there is a smooth handover of concepts to production and that correct processes have been trained out to all required staff.
- You will attend factory trials, customer pre-pros and launches ensuring that they have been planned and organised, whilst overseeing product quality with full report write ups, records and photographs.
- You will arrange transit trials with full records maintenance.
- H & S – Ensure procedural compliance to risk assessments, manual handling, fire safety, first aid, accidents and injury.
- Liaise with procurement, warehousing and suppliers as required to ensure the correct supply of materials is achieved for the makeup of samples on the planned day.
- Liaise with the QA to facilitate shelf life trials of all new products and assessment over product life, whilst maintaining accurate records.
- Whilst completing all customer submissions forms you will use nutricalc to produce all nutritional information in line with legislation.
- Develop recipes and provide the Commercial Director with full accurate costings. Liaising with external suppliers to develop bespoke ingredients, new ingredients, packaging and sourcing new suppliers where required.
- Ensure all supply chain and technical specification are available for all development products.
- Facilitate in-house organoleptic testing.
- Ensure that key product information throughout the development process, such as water activity & PH etc. are tested and recorded and modify recipes accordingly to control these values.
- An understanding of all aspects of the factory production processes, capabilities and the potential for change should be developed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and customers to achieve the best business outcome.
- A strong track record in NPD
- Experience in bakery manufacturing
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with GG/4643 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.