Pilot Plant Technician
The Pilot Plant is based on our Stourton site, which is a 24/7 state of the art, automated facility producing over 500m litres of fresh milk a year and a huge range of cream-based products. Our Pilot Plant plans, performs and reports on our trials to enable product/technical developments and the Technician will help make the site a centre of excellence.
As a member of the UK FDP New Product Development team (and indirectly global FDP team) you will take responsibility of the pilot plant & be involved in a wide range of activities. You will help contribute to our strategy, working alongside global pilot plants. Specific responsibilities/activities will include, but not limited to:
Pilot Plant Excellence
- Defining and delivering on our requirements in order to be part of a global network
- Enabling our agility of product developments & prototypes to our customers
Excellence in operation for tomorrows Dairy Products
- Perform pre-test within a wide variety of product and technology areas
- Contribute to the preparation of the test proposal and help plan trials
- Be responsible for the practical execution of the trials
- Document trials and report on observations and raw data
- Using / improving available IT-systems
- Share knowledge with global pilot plants in Arla
Customer quality focus
- Secure GMP with a safe, lean and efficient Pilot Plant operation and SOPs
- Pilot Plant maintenance and improvements via strong collaboration with external process suppliers
- Secure high hygiene standards of audit standard for consumers
Together with the New Product Development team you will:
- Report findings and discusses on implications
- Showcase prototypes within NPD community
- Support pilot and kitchen scale trial sample requirements
In addition to the above you will help to develop new methods, products and processes and ensure that the newest technological developments are brought forwards to seize on new Ideas.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you must have a great customer service mindset, have the ability to focus on details and be an exceptional team player.
We are looking for someone with a background in the dairy industry as a Dairy Technician or Process Technologist. You should have solid understanding of technical contexts and used to handling equipment and processes. Ideally you have experience within a supply chain, production environment.
In addition you should be familiar working in a project-oriented environment with the ability to continuously improve what we do and how we do it and thereby contributing to the development of the pilot plant, the team and our strategy delivery.
Please apply online as soon as possible.