Buyer 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Buyer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Major Blue Chip Food Manufacture
£38,000 - £45,000 + 10% Bonus
I am looking for someone with experience in Food manufacturing/ FMCG background.
This role reports into the Regional Category Manager Packaging and Paper and is part of the Regional Packaging and Paper team
- The individual is focused on delivering world-class results and a competitive advantage
- Contributing to the overall development of the Regional category strategy, bringing in breakthrough ideas and best-in-class procurement approaches to deliver results.
- Managing the end to end sourcing process across all sub-categories within Packaging and Paper as defined by the functional priorities and objectives.
- Contributing to the development of the category strategies for the UK and Europe region for Packaging and Paper
- Significant focus on driving and delivering cost saving projects, developing excellent collaboration with Regional Procurement teams and across key functions to deliver year on year savings with measurable impact to the bottom line performance.
- Develop and implement plans for supplier business continuity and risk mitigation to support Customer Service and the continuous supply of goods and services.
- Develop and lead contract management process for all categories under the category remit for Packaging and Paper
- Act in accordance with and bring to life the One Procurement Community (OPC) to enable pladis Journey to Procurement Excellence (JPE).
▪ Understands pladis and the region’s business strategies in detail and how it impacts Procurement.
▪ Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to understand and align Procurements objectives with the business needs. Understands in detail the strategy and approach for the Region.
▪ Participates in and implements procurement transformation by working with stakeholders
▪ Holds regular review sessions with key internal customers and applicable Regional Procurement team to ensure that the business needs are being met.
▪ Communicates the value of the Procurement function to the business.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
▪ Acts in accordance with and advocates the ‘Procurement Key Operating Principles’.
▪ Acts as an example of professional procurement practice, ensuring all activity in accordance to procurement operating model, One Procurement Community (OPC), stated ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and other procurement and legal policies.
▪ Demonstrates effective stakeholder management ensuring delivery of commitments to key stakeholder areas relevant to region, category and the wider business.
▪ Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by Regional Procurement Lead, PMO Manager and Regional Category Manager.
Regional Category Strategy
• Defining the procurement risks that will be tracked by Companies and Procurement Team; contributing to the determination of group-wide risk management standards and monitoring the status of the actions taken.
• Defining the inputs coming from Regional Procurement in terms of investment and budget for the related category and provides price forecasts, market intelligence and cost analysis.
• Contributes to implementing all Procurement strategic projects that are held Globally.
• Building strong relationships with suppliers. Performing the sourcing cycle and negotiating with suppliers using a broad array of negotiation techniques. Proactively and appropriately communicating with them through the sourcing cycle to ensure the best outcome.
• Helping drive regional category innovation and continuous improvement across the business, acting as a role model around quality and process standards. Contributes to the development of category strategies that also deliver other performance targets such as cost, quality, delivery, innovation and category risks.
• Building strong relationships with suppliers. Performing the sourcing cycle and negotiating with suppliers using a broad array of negotiation techniques. Proactively and appropriately communicating with them throughout the sourcing cycle for best outcome.
• Ensures all information for issuing tenders is available and sent to all suppliers. Puts together supplier bids in an analytical way that enables to reach a robust and optimal supplier allocation.
• Prepares and issues the contracts to suppliers.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant functional Procurement experience across a region
• Is able to include knowledge and experience of world-class category management and sourcing practices.
• Packaging and Paper category experience (strategy to execution) essential to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong ability to make things happen and deliver outstanding results.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Structured yet flexible
• Influential and assertive
• Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery. Can make things happen.
• Strong project and change
If this sounds of interest then please call Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt immediatley for further information on - 0131 226 5060