Logistics and Customer Service Controller
We're working with a well-respected, branded food business in recruiting a talented and dynamic Logistics & Customer Service Controller. This is a business with an open and collaborative culture and a commitment to manufacturing healthy products in a sustainable manner. Our client's fantastic products can be found in the UK major multiples and an ever-increasing international market. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with an enviable heritage and one where people are incredibly proud of the products and culture.
This highly-visible management role requires both strategic and tactical drive and strong leadership in the delivery of the order to cash process and associated Customer Service and 3PL Management. You will need to be able to define a platform that enables and supports continued global growth (currently supplying 70+ markets) whilst ensuring that compliant and agile supply is maintained within existing core markets. You will work directly with a number of 3PL warehouse operations servicing the business' 4 UK manufacturing sites.
- Location: Office-based in Bedfordshire (with UK and International travel)
- Salary: Competitive
- Function: Supply Chain
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and driving the Logistics & Customer Services Strategy to ensure ‘optimum performance and profitable’ delivery of company goals to a high level of service.
- Reviewing, developing and optimising Logistic routes to market through effective Supplier Relationship Management and internal continuous improvement.
- Building and developing successful customer and supplier relationships, recognising cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Working collaboratively with retailers, pre-empting their requirements and taking actions accordingly to maintain business relationships.
- Championing “Customer Service”, providing regular and transparent views on Service Levels, failures, reasons, actions and forecasts as required.
- Contributing to the broader Supply Chain strategy, working closely with peers across all functions, ensuring alignment to business targets and flexibility through all managed solutions.
- Sourcing and managing new Logistics Suppliers in support of NPD initiatives and new market launches.
- Supporting integration of 3PL services to help extend manufacturing capacity as required enabling the business to increase agility.
- Developing a high-performance team using best in class techniques through personal and professional development of individuals and promote an integrated team approach.
- Managing the DRP process, shaping and improving to ensure optimum stock is held at the right place, right time and that all movements are as efficient as can be achieved.
- We're looking for an experienced people manager who is able to manage a high-performing team. You will have a collaborative communication style with a strong emphasis on building strong and effective working relationships with third-party logistics providers, UK grocery customers and internal stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to influence in a constructive manner and will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness along with experience of interfacing with the UK multiples and 3PL providers, gained within an FMCG (preferably food and drink) environment.
If your skills and experience are a match with what we're looking for, and you're interested in finding out more, please click the link to apply.