General Manager, North West
This is a very exciting opportunity to be involved in a new bar and distillery opening in the North West.
We are looking for a General Manager at this new venue, which will comprise a premium bar (also serving food) and fully functioning distillery.
The venue will be open during the week and weekend (daytime and evening) and will operate as a premium bar where spirits, cocktails, wines, beers and non-alcoholic drinks will be served alongside food. Visitors will also be able to enjoy a drink and food, whilst seeing the still in operation. In addition, one floor will be set up as a bar training school and also a 'distilling experience' where the public can enlist for short courses where they can taste & learn about spirits and distilling.
We are looking for a General Manager. This person will be responsible for managing a team and ensuring the successful ongoing day to day running of this venue. The role will include (but is not limited to):
- This is a new venue and so this person will join in advance of the venue opening and will be responsible for much of the set-up of the venue (alongside other members of the overall larger company who will assist, as well as working with architects and contractors etc.).
- Full P&L responsibility for the venue to ensure that it hits its targets.
- Strong back of house knowledge including stock management, cost controlling, financials, plus license and other legislative requirements.
- Recruitment and management of a knowledgeable team of premium bar staff, bar backs, cooks, distiller, security, stock controller and other venue hosts.
- Local marketing of the venue to ensure that it hits revenue targets.
- Delivery of an exceptional visitor experience, whether it be someone dropping in for a short drink, through to visitors to the bar training and school.
- Range and stock management
- Ensuring that standard operating procedures for the venue are set up and implemented on an ongoing basis (e.g. cash management, banking, health & safety, team training, overall financial management of the venue, fire safety etc.)
Person specification - we are looking for someone who can demonstrate successful previous management within a hospitality venue/bar/retail outlet and has experience of many of the above points. This person will need to be fully committed to setting up, opening and managing the on-going running of the above venue. This will require someone who is extremely dedicated, hardworking, flexible and committed to the success of this new outlet in the North West. This person will understand that as well delivering an outlet that functions smoothly and efficiently, that it also delivers second to none service and quality in its offering. The General Manager will be joining a thriving entrepreneurial business that is innovative and very fast moving and will suit someone with ambition to build a career in a go ahead artisanal spirits and beer company.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the number of applications received, only those who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted within 14 days. Thank you for reading this advertisement.