Day Shifts (6am-2pm / 10am-6pm) and Fixed Nights (6pm–6am; 3 on / 3 off rotation)
Are you our missing ingredient?
As the number one ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers we’re growing our business with a new organisational structure that will create significant additional production capacity. Our current success and our ambitious growth plans are built on a reputation of quality and service and we know from experience that it’s the skill and dedication of our people resources that is the key to this success.
Engineering support is vital to ensure production downtime is minimized, machine performance is continually enhanced and improved efficiencies are achieved on the line. With this in mind we have reviewed our Engineering structure and created new opportunities for engineers to join the team at Crewe. We have one vacancy for rotating 6am-2pm / 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday and 3 vacancies for 6pm-6am over a 3 on / 3 off night shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose on a shift / daily basis. Attend breakdowns as necessary, to support continuous production. Monitor and document line downtime and breakdowns
- Complete a robust shift handover with the alternate shift engineer and ensure critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
- Support production with machinery setup and carry out repairs to machinery
- Control activities of contractors on site, completing permits to work and relevant documentation
- Ensure plant and equipment is operated and operating in the correct manner in line with H&S
- Re-order spare parts and materials as necessary to ensure that stock levels are maintained
- Work on capital projects as required and complete all engineering activities in line with plan
Who are we looking for?
You will need significant post apprenticeship experience with an electrical bias, ideally gained in food manufacturing and supported by BTEC or C&G qualification in an appropriate discipline (Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, PLCs, Faultfinding and Mechanical Engineering).
Some experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques and approaches within an engineering environment would be ideal. Proactive with high levels of initiative and a drive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently, you will be comfortable working independently or as part of a team. A clear and professional communicator you will work well with colleagues at all levels and across all disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the site.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a proactive, organised and enthusiastic team player who is interested in developing your skills in a growing team then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com and to apply send your details including current package to Alison Timmis, HR Manager, clearly stating your available shifts.