QA / QC
I am recruiting for a QA / QC on behalf of my client who is a well-established Food Manufacturer based in Cornwall.
- Checking of raw materials at goods Inwards
- Routine checking and recording of quality and quantity of raw material against specification for Supermarket lines during processing, packing, Metal Detection (CCP), labeling and dispatch. Ensuring that out of specification results are immediately communicated to requisite personnel and corrective action taken
- Routine checking and recording of quality and quantity of raw material against specification in both the Frozen, Smoked and Scallop areas (CCP Shucking) during processing, packing, labeling and dispatch. Ensuring that out of specification results are immediately communicated to requisite personnel and corrective action taken
- Patrolling all areas, monitoring GMP standard of environment, equipment and personnel s, reporting non-conformances to supervision and ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completion of quality records
- Overseeing product launches on the production lines to ensure product is manufactured to correct standards.
- Collection and preparation of product, environmental and water samples for in house and external testing.
- Ensuring that in house product testing, Organoleptic, Micro and Chemical, is carried out according to the approved schedule and correct methods
- Carry out full investigations including traceability for all out specs result and customer complaints.
- Operate in a safe working manner and support the business on continuous improvement relating to quality, health safety and environment.
- Any other tasks arising from business needs
- Preferably 2 years’ experience as a QA or similar experience within the Food Industry
- Flexible in regards to working hours
What’s on Offer?
- An hourly rate of £8.50 per hour
- The chance to progress within a well-established Food Manufacturer
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please call Jamie Clayton at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 or send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org