My client are seeking a Operations Manager to provide manufacturing leadership and strategic direction to site operations, ensuring that all products are manufactured and on schedule whilst meeting all targets for quality, environmental compliance, also driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- The Operations Manager will:-
- Ensure 100% compliance with all HSE and regulatory requirements across the site
- Be responsible and accountable for challenging, agreeing and ensuring the safe execution and delivery of the manufacturing schedule generated by the Production & Materials Planning Coordinator
- Be directly responsible for day to day management of all production personnel, inventory/picking team and engineering team. Five direct reports made up of three shift leaders, one inventory coordinator and the engineering manager
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting budgetary targets, production KPIs (such as OEE), dispatch KPI’s, and ensuring that all site manufacturing operations are conducted safely, meeting all statutory requirements for personal safety, process safety, health and environmental standards.
- Ensure that effective cost controls and cost improvement projects are established in order to drive, support and maintain a low cost, high efficiency, competitive business position
- Be a prime contact for the Competent Authority (HSE and EA)
- Identify improvements in areas of plant reliability and variable costs and lead the implementation of these in plant operations through the development of procedures, systems and training
- Act as lead support for operations led project improvements
- Complete any other adhoc activities as deemed applicable by the business.
Candidates require the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar management role, leading a manufacturing team and working within a hazardous environment
- Technical / Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (ideally with chartered status)
- Experience of working within a highly regulated (ideally Top Tier COMAH) environment
- A good understanding of EHS and specifically process safety within a high hazard environment is essential