Group Process Development Manager
Group Process Development Manager
Would you like to work for an international food business with a passionate team, a fast-moving, fun and informal environment with a portfolio of well-known household brands?
AB World Foods are an international branded food business, £160m turnover with 650 employees with a successful track record over the last 10 years of significant top line and profit growth. You will have heard of and probably enjoyed some of their great branded products such as Pataks and Blue Dragon, alongside their well-known branded condiments Tabasco, Levi Roots and Guinness. Although brands drive their business, ‘own label’ plays a very important role and they produce on behalf of the major retailers.
AB World Foods is part of the ABF Group, a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, a FTSE 100 company with sales of over £11.1billion and 102,000 employees in 46 countries. What is so special about ABF is that each operating company is still very much in control of its own destiny and accountable for its own delivery.
AB World Foods have recently taken the opportunity to review the organisation to make sure they have the right teams with the right skills to respond to increasing demands and changing environments. That has resulted in some activities moving out of the PD Team to a newly created Group Technical Services Team with the primary purpose of creating more capacity to focus on critical product and packaging development projects including their new sensory programme.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the Group PD Controller will oversee the management of the Process Development teams across 2 manufacturing sites – Leigh in the UK and Nowa Sol in Poland.
As a member of the Group Technical Management team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the annual ‘Strategy into Reality’ process which defines the initiatives across both site and group technical teams. This enables AB World Foods to constantly push to think about future plans and maximise the achievement of business goals with and through their teams.
The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Management of a team of 2 Process Development Managers, encompassing both packaging and process development activities
- Bring proactive product, process and technology expertise to ensure the new SKU’s are launched on time, to commercial objectives and high food safety standards
- Ensure delivery from bench through pilot trial stage to full factory production of new and revised innovation projects
- Ensure all processes and equipment are validated and commissioned effectively
- Facilitate and advise manufacturing and quality teams on recipe/process issues, investigations and solutions implementation
- Development of sensory program which is key for recipe quality assessment to meet customer expectations and increase customer satisfaction.
- Strong track record operating at management level within a Food Manufacturing environment, with experience within Process/Product Development or Technical
- Well-developed people management skills with the ability to develop and influence your team members and work with stakeholders cross functionally within the business
- Passionate about results and developing people
- Strong communications skills and be willing to communicate/challenge senior management
- You will have an in-depth understanding of UK and EU Food law
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Food Science, Food Technology or related subject
- Development of processes to meet changing needs of business/customers
- Experience in a customer facing/focused role
- Creative problem solver with a can do, will do approach
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.