Reporting to the MD, this factory management opportunity would suit a hands-on manager with experience of expansion, who is looking for a new project to take ownership of.
Key Objectives of Role:
To manage and optimise the performance of the manufacturing facility, and in turn manage the change required to organise, train and support the staff to maximise the benefits of the manufacturing facility and to optimise production capabilities.
To manage the day to day running of the site and specifically factory operations, to ensure the company strategy is followed and business objectives are met.
- People & Training
- To lead and motivate staff to achieve high standards at all time through effective, clear and fair communication and clear delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- To provide direction and support to the Site and Operations team, managing and facilitating staff performance and development, and ensuring departmental structure and skills are developed to meet changing business requirements.
- To review and effectively manage staff hours, shift patterns and overtime versus effective labour utilisation.
- To manager site HR issues to minimise staff issues, to maintain discipline and optimise staff attendance.
- To identify staff training and cross training needs to achieve an appropriate skills level within the business at all times and put together an appropriate training plan.
Health and Safety
- To ensure all employees are working in a safe working manner and to take personal responsibility for health & safety issues.
- To raise the profile of Health and Safety and ensure successful delivery of a site Safety Plan.
- To ensure all orders are completed as per plan and to deal with any issues or shortfalls and minimise overruns.
- To review working processes, make recommendations for change and agree costs and timescales to achieve.
- To identify and/or implement opportunities leading to improvement in Operational productivity and reduction of waste.
- To continuously develop and manage factory planning, control and reporting systems.
- To carry out ad hoc projects/investigations as required.
- To ensure Good Manufacturing Practice is adhered to at all times.
- To control departmental expenditure within budget and review in line with site performance.
- To input to current department budgets and capital expenditure plans and be involved in the creations of annual budgets.
Technical & Quality
- To support the Technical function to achieve initial BRC accreditation and subsequent maintenance and improvement of the standard.
- To ensure Production staff recognise the importance of quality standards and that they support and follow the guide lines that the technical team need to implement within the business.
- To ensure adherence to hygiene standards.
To guide and work with site engineer and external engineering contractors to minimise equipment down time, implement PPMs and resolve daily site engineering challenges.
To ensure Operational requirements of NPD cycle are successfully delivered i.e. factory trials and fully implementation of new products into the factory.
- The layout of this facility needs to be finalised for best practices to be achieved.
- Maintenance of cold store to ensure ease of picking, accuracy of stock rotation and reporting of stock levels to minimise wastage and to assist sale and production planning activities.
- To implement and maintain a clear set of Key Performance Indicators that are reviewed on a regular basis which support the business in its daily operations and medium term planning activities.
- To ensure that all Operational requirements and 100% service levels are met and quality products/ standards are delivered to the Customer on a daily basis.
- To ensure effective methods of communication operate within the Factory function and between other departments.
- To contribute fully to the continuous improvement in business performance as a member of the Site Senior Management team (SMT).
- To communicate regularly with the Directors regarding factory performance (KPIs), operational issues and new initiatives to gain their agreement and to ensure they understand what is happening – both good and bad.
- We are looking to speak to candidates with significant experience within the food manufacturing industry, particularly those with frozen or chilled experience.
- A hands-on management style with an engineering background or good understanding of machinery would be attractive.
- A knowledge of nitrogen tunnels would be a bonus.
- Experience of expansion/building new factories very much of interest.
- Ice cream experience a bonus.
A great opportunity for someone looking to work in the capital.
Indicative Salary Range: £55000 - 70000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.