Operations Team Leader
Operations Team Leader
Weekend Day Shift (Sat, Sun, 6am-6pm)
Littleborough, United Kingdom
- Promotion and delivery of world class manufacturing practices (GMP) and ‘5s’ workplace organization. Coaching and mentoring to ensure consistency across all individual teams.
- Manage relevant key performance indicators utilizing the Journey to Excellence programme techniques and toolkit. Focus on cost, organizational losses and loss reduction, to maintain and surpass production targets.
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices, using our behavioral safety programme ‘Dupont Safestart’ and ensuring teams operate within our ‘safe systems of work’. Driving root cause corrective actions for all identified risks and ensuring close out.
- Meet and surpass all external and internal audit standards, working with the quality department to ensure all required quality and food safety standards are met and all appropriate Quality documentation is completed in full.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and process control sheets in compliance with Quality Management Systems, ensuring comprehensive training is provided to all individuals within the Operations Team.
- Ensure professional people management in line with our HPO standards and Performance Management processes, to contribute to high levels of employee engagement.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, e.g. English and Maths O’ level / GCSE equivalent
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with evidence of steady progression through increasingly responsible roles.
- FMCG/wet processing experience. Food industry best practice health & hygiene experience.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good computer literacy skills, able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
- Skills of quick decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to work environment
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills - a must in this fast-paced manufacturing facility, as are sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and present accurate statistical data to a broad range of individuals
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply send your CV with the cover letter by clicking the apply button below
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.