Operations Director – Flavour Solutions
EMEA Operations Director – Flavour Solutions
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Reporting to the EMEA VP–Supply Chain, the role has multi-site and multi-country strategic and operational responsibility for all manufacturing and distribution activities. Scope of responsibility within manufacturing includes safety, production, material /inventory control planning & scheduling, engineering, leadership of major projects.
The role works closely with EMEA commercial units on business performance, change projects, launches and service excellence. The individual will lead and implements best practice, cost reduction and business simplification projects and initiatives.
The role is also in charge of development and population of a talent pipeline, ensuring succession and development plans are in place for all the team.
Responsible for Leading and Developing Operations ($50m – $70m operating budget) for our Flavour Solutions Unit, the role covers 5 Manufacturing sites, 2 of which are under a JV agreement (two in UK, one in South Africa, one in Turkey and one in Dubai), 3 Distribution centres, with around 800 employees overall.
Position will directly supervise:
- Plant Directors/Managers: 4
- Distribution Manager: 1
- Program Manager: 1
Position has dotted lines reports into the role which include:
- Finance Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Human Resource Business Partner
- Project Engineering Manager
- Global supporting functions
Strategic and Operating Responsibilities
- Build a strong commercially facing organisation that is customer centric in approach
- Set regional and integrated supply chain strategies in alignment with overall EMEA and Global priorities (and in agreement with JV partners where required).
- Build strong cross functional relationships across all functions to ensure best in class functional and commercial delivery
- Champion the safety-first mindset of the organisation, developing and leading a behavioural safety agenda in all sites.
- Develop and lead, in collaboration with EMEA HSE Manager, a 3 years safety roadmap in all his sites.
- Develop a sustainability agenda in line with externally communicated corporation targets.
- Drive a food safety culture in all his sites, focusing on right first time quality assured manufacturing
- Ensure quality and food safety standards are met in line with Global, EMEA and Customer policy and practice (e.g. AIB, BRC, EFSIS, ISO14001, etc).
- Support delivery of the Flavour Solutions business performance by generating supply chain strategies to drive revenue growth, gross margin, operating profit and cash conversion cycle reduction
- Responsible for the operational budgets compliance of all locations managed, overall ownership of the COGS line in supervised locations,
- Report EMEA Flavour Solutions performance using agreed business process KPIs,
- Responsible for the identification and execution of the capital expenditure and cost reduction plans and initiatives.
Continuous improvement / Innovation
- Drive productivity within the end to end supply chain through increased engagement, use of data and analytics applied through our global strategy JTE
- Provide support and effective business partnering to commercial units in all aspects of change, launches, innovations and service improvements as required.
- Work with the Global and Regional CCI teams to continuously improve our business processes and performance.
- An expert coach, able to encourage and inspire individuals and teams to deliver superior performance and to maximise personal and team growth.
- Responsible for ensuring regular succession, talent and development reviews held at all sites. Robust site/function specific people plan developed and implemented, in conjunction with HR business partners
- Key advocate of diversity and inclusivity
- Engage teams to a common purpose
Knowledge and experience
- Master of science or MBA level in food technology, engineering, sciences or Supply chain Logistics.
- Relevant experience in food manufacturing operations and as such experience in international FMCG companies.
- Experience of working within a range of business cultures, international assignment is a plus
- Previous multi-country operating experience
- At ease to navigate in matrix organization.
- Project planning skills has demonstrated success of supply chain and major change management projects; plant construction, SAP implementation, acquisition etc.
- TPM experience.
- Worked on cross functional projects / Supply chain / engineering, tract record of successful team working.
- Experience of leading negotiations with Unions/Works councils i.e. factory relocation, compulsory redundancy, major changes to existing work practices, etc.
- Fluent in English. Another language is a plus.
- Visible, authentic leadership. Able to coach, lead and manage high performing individuals and teams.
- Strategic thinking, excellent problem-solving skills, strong business and financial acumen
- Commercially focused
- Result oriented and self-managed individual
- Evidence of adaptability in different cultural environment
- Influencing and motivating skills and natural leadership strength
- Evidence of very strong leadership skills and people management experience. Able to lead, motivate, influence, develop, mentor and coach.
- Strong communication and listening skills, able to engage at all levels
- Hands-on approach, willing and able to balance strategic verses operational priorities, as appropriate
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team and lead a diverse multi-cultural team in a matrix environment
- Must be able to promote operational matters across the business spectrum, and to differing levels of management and supervision
- Flexible & willing to tackle new challenge
- Willingness to develop to a broader role
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With nearly 12,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 150 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.