Would you like to work for an international food business with a passionate team, a fast-moving, fun and informal environment with a portfolio of well-known household brands?
AB World Foods are an international branded food business, £160m turnover with 650 employees with a successful track record over the last 10 years of significant top line and profit growth. You will have heard of and probably enjoyed some of their great branded products such as Pataks and Blue Dragon, alongside their well-known branded condiments Tabasco, Levi Roots and Guinness. Although brands drive their business, ‘own label’ plays a very important role and they produce on behalf of the major retailers.
AB World Foods is part of the ABF Group, a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, a FTSE 100 company with sales of over £11.1billion and 102,000 employees in 46 countries. What is so special about ABF is that each operating company is still very much in control of its own destiny and accountable for its own delivery.
AB World Foods have recently taken the opportunity to review the organisation to make sure they have the right people with the right skills in the right places. They have identified the need to create a new Technical Services team based at their busy site in Leigh, to work alongside the current Process/Product, Technical and Commercial teams.
Reporting to the Group Technical Services Manager, the Specifications Technologist will be proactively managing finished product, own label and branded product specification requirements for their retail customers and assess and sign off food labelling requirements for artwork. You will be the first point of contact for all customer and internal enquiries for all things product specification and label artwork related. There will be lots of opportunities within the business to develop your career upwards or laterally into other teams!
- You will be of graduate calibre, preferably with a background in food science or related education
- You will have an in-depth understanding of UK and EU Food labelling law, additives and other compositional standards
- Experienced working in a similar role within the food manufacturing industry
- Proven track record of success within a fast paced FMCG environment
- You will be an ambitious individual with a desire to progress in the technical function
- Passionate about accuracy – highly diligent and great attention to detail
- Enjoys working as a team and plays an active role in finding opportunities to improve together
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.