Warehouse / Storesperson
WAREHOUSE / STORESPERSON (inc COVER DRIVER)
Seafood and Eat It Ltd is a premium Seafood company requiring an experienced Warehouse/Stores person. The chosen candidate will work within a team in a multi customer chilled environment, handling goods from intake through to dispatch in a safe and accurate manner providing an efficient and reliable service to key stakeholders.
We are looking for a hard working and dedicated person to join our friendly, enthusiastic and growing team who is looking to get fully involved and make a difference everyday.
We pride ourselves in delivering excellence in everything we do and have an established culture with an open working environment, lots of transparency and employee inclusion.
Please see the Full Job Specification attached for Role and responsibilities expected of the successful candidate.
The successful Warehouse Operative will have the following skills:
- The ability to communicate in written and Oral English
- Forklift Licence and Full Driving Licence
- Great organisational skills and the ability to prioritise where needed
- Be able to work well within a team
To undertake works in connection with the acceptance, despatch and issuing of store’s material and the maintenance of stock, to include purchase orders and receiving fresh, frozen and dry ambient goods.
To carry out deliveries and collection of materials to and from Seafood and eat it properties, sites
and Seafood and eat it’sCustomers and suppliers.
- Creation of purchase orders and recording goods inwards / outwards using both Company bespoke software and hand. Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
- To take delivery of goods delivered into Seafood and eat it’s stores, in accordance with the BRC Food Safety Standard and company Operations and Health and Safety Procedures with the use of forklifts where required.
- Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and check for damages and quantity.
- Update computer system and other key reports to enable accurate stock levels.
- Put materials away in stores after deliveries in a FIFO order.
- To get materials out ready for collection by SFAEI Production Manager and Operatives and for the issuing to jobs, using the IT equipment provided.
- Assist with stock checks when required.
- Keep stores clean and tidy in accordance with the Company’s FSQM Housekeeping and Hygiene Procedure
- Keep log of waste and returns in accordance with Company procedures
- Daily Internal equipment / allocation runs both planned and ad-hoc
- To ensure our internal and external customers receive a courteous service.
- To make deliveries to and collections from various locations within the where necessary to external customers and suppliers.
- To ensure the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary.
- All materials must be secure on the vehicles to enable safe transportation and to avoid any loss or damage.
- Make deliveries in accordance with company Transport Temperature Control producers
- Keep Property clean and tidy to include perimeter checks as necessary.
- Manage the waste Bins on site, ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate skips to maximise recycling possibilities. And inform Management of any deviation
- To unlock / lock up the yard and stores as required
- To work later hours when circumstances dictate.
- To promote equal opportunities and diversity in service delivery.
- To promote Seafood and Eat it Ltd, core values and ethos.
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and partner organisations.
- To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery ensuring that policies and procedures comply with legislation and regulatory requirements.
- To respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal/customer data.
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time.
DESIREABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a similar role, involving work in stores, driving and yard responsibilities,or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within the food industry
- A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations
- Maintenance / Engineering skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- A full driving licence.
- Computer literate
- Good listener and team player.
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative.
- A Forklift licence (Advantageous)
- The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Team player.
- Decision Maker.
Out of hours working may be required to cover the needs of the business in certain situations.
Full training will be provided.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter by clicking the Apply Button