Head of Procurement
Allplants is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become Earth’s most forward-thinking food company.
We believe food is the bridge between people and planet, so we put social impact first, while feeding the world health, happiness, and love through delicious, plant-based food. Since launching in Jan'17 we’ve bagged awards, serving 250,000 meals through our 5-star, online shop and subscription service.
Today we deliver delicious ready-to-eat meals to your door. They’re flash frozen, chef-prepared and totally plant-based - taking the compromise out of healthy convenience. From a creamy Cashew Mac to a rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit, each dish we deliver is 100% cool for vegans and packed full of plant powered goodness.
And that’s just the beginning. In the next 12 months, our online offering will grow as we introduce new recipes, serving formats and eating occasions for our community of food, sustainability and wellness heroes. We aim to do for plant-powered food, what BrewDog have for craft beer: developing multi-channel expertise through owned and earned touch-points, while achieving what Red Bull have for niche sports within plant-based living: making it aspirational and celebrated through media, campaigns and events.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - and our founders and investors are an experienced team of serially successful tech entrepreneurs, creative brand builders and flavourful food operators, all driven to truly transform food and have some fun while we’re at it.
Quality ingredients are at the heart of our operation, they delight our customers, team and chefs alike and reducing risk, plus securing them at the right price and time is absolutely critical. Working with us, you will be:
- Shaping and managing the purchasing strategy for the business to optimise buying leverage
- Responsible for procurement across ingredients, packaging, hygiene and indirect areas of spend
- Responsible for developing and training a small team of category buyers
- Leading procurement of fresh vegetables, a key area of our spend
- Driving cost benefits and continuous quality improvements across all areas of the business, through strong negotiation skills and market knowledge
- Guarding high levels of quality, ensuring our brand values are met and exceeded
- Communicating effectively and building excellent collaborative relationships with suppliers, identifying new vendors and ensuring security of delivery
- Developing and managing supplier contracts
Your skills and experience.
You’ll be a great fit for this if:
- You are a resilient self-starter with a positive vision for our planet and a desire to stretch the limits of forward-thinking procurement practices.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience as an food procurement specialist, with a proven track record of people management, looking for your next big career move
- Excellent financial acumen with a working knowledge of P&L, proven experience of creating and implementing business processes
- Experience of managing supplier relationships at a senior level,
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain process
- Network of relevant supplier relationships which can be accessed immediately to source
- You organise like a pro, with a natural drive to plan and track projects - you are detail oriented, able to clearly brief others and balance priorities in a dynamic high pace environment.
- You know how to work to and smash incredibly tight deadlines and apply sharp attention to process, detail and quality.
- You are an effective communicator and work well within a team, you know how to handle difficult situations and character types to get the very best out of everyone.
- Highly analytical with strong excel / google sheet skills, you will be commercially aware and numerate
- You bring humility and a sense of humour to even the toughest of moments.
- Do something that matters, that our world needs and work with people excitedly dedicated on that same mission of a lifetime.
- Career development plan & training at Europe’s fastest growing plant-powered food startup.
- Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and team fun events
- You’ll be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to serve people & planet.
- Join an energetic, passionate and supportive team, who care about every dish and each other
- Get in early at a VC-backed startup, while growing alongside an allstar team
- Competitive salary package including share options scheme and pension
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment