An exciting opportunity with a successful & innovative ingredients manufacturer to develop beverage concepts for global and niche drinks brands.
A Full-time Beverage Technologist is now sought to assist in the development of beverage concepts, principally blends of flavor, colour and juices. The successful candidate will assist and take charge of projects from initial idea to formulation, application, assessment and commercial validation.
• Development and formulation of new beverage concepts
• Modification and iteration of existing formulations
• Maintaining accurate records of the development history of each project using our software
• Sensory testing and internal taste paneling of new products and production batches
• Present products and liaising with customers providing support to the Sales team
• Carrying out shelf-life testing for new formulations and reporting the results on a timely basis
• Preparation of lab samples and final application samples
• Carrying out research into Beverage Market trends
• Maintaining costings of new products
• Ad-hoc work on all aspects of the beverage projects
• A Degree in Food Science (or equivalent)
• Mathematical skills for calculation and costing of formulations
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• IT skills are necessary with experience of working on Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to multitask on various projects and prioritize workload
• Commercial awareness- Awareness of the beverage market and trends
• At least 2 years’ experience in Beverage development
• Fluency in languages other than English
• Excellent sensory abilities for flavor, colour and final application products
• Creativity, particularly with concepts and flavour combinations
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.