Do you want to work for a leader in the FMCG industry? Do you want to be part of a developing supply chain department? Do you want to work with a fast paced, challenging environment?
The company are in a significant period of growth and are looking to expand their demand team. The company provide a competitive base salary, great future opportunities for ambitious people and pension scheme.
The Suuply Chain team is looking for a Transport Coordinator to help assist in helping drive our transportation management forward. As a Transport Coordinator for the European region, you will help assist overseeing in region, import and export, transportation, applying problem solving skills and functional expertise in the areas of fulfilment, distribution and transportation, ensuring the fulfilment and delivery of raw materials, finished goods and promotional products in a timely and efficient manner whilst focusing on achieving this at a cost effective rate. You will have the aid of a transport lead to help succeed while working closely with cross-functional teams to improve logistics operations spanning multiple packers, warehouses, offices, regions and geographies.
- Organising deliveries from/to Multiple EMEA locations as required
- Ensuring customer delivery dates are met
- Dealing with day to day communication with our customer service department/co-packers/transport carriers
- Preparing Import/Export Transport documentation (Packing lists/certificates)
- Support of current TMS programme and assisting with transition of TMS being used as a live communication tool for arranging transport
- Monitoring and updating information in our Transport management System “Kewill” including updating cost information/ creating new lanes / adding new carriers and managing any system exceptions i.e. lanes /transport/prices companies not populating correctly
- Working with our internal and external support teams as well as our chosen transport carriers to allow us to use our current TMS system as a communication tool.
- Managing and reviewing the live view of loads status and feeding back to the customer service team and management in relation to any delays (while also documenting any evidence to assist with claimable occurrences).
- Supporting tender review and cost saving exercises.
The ideal candidate must exhibit good business knowledge evidenced by a high level of integrity, have a clear understanding of the Transportation environment with the ability to deal with a variety of regions and cultures in a fast paced environment.
He/she must be able to focus on achieving priorities in an organised manner and have demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities. Must be able to work independently but also be team oriented.
- 2 years practical experience.
- Experience with logistics concentrating on FMCG, multiple 3PL’s or outsourced providers
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career within a Supply Chain environment
- Strong people and communication skills
- Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional international team environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals and meet timelines
- TMS experience
- Proven background in managing transport, fulfilment and distribution operations.
- Knowledge of European logistics market and key service providers.
- Knowledge of European customs, duty and compliance in relation to both import and export
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.
Please apply via the link below.