Interim Controls Engineer
Immediate Requirement - D R Newitt Interim*
Interim Controls Engineer
3 - 6 Month contract
£Day Rate + Expenses
Food Manufacturing | Reporting into Chief Engineer
- I am looking for someone with knowledge of Mitsubishi and Allan Bradley software, PID control and HMI. The initial role will be to work with existing equipment to identify and implement control improvements across sites.
This role will establish, control and improve automation and control systems to satisfy asset, manufacturing and compliance demands. Longer term, this role offers several different career development routes with options to continue in technical/project roles or move into other areas or locations of the business. The role will be responsible for sustaining and enhancing automation and control system performance to enable delivery of manufacturing demands. In line with SHE (Safety, Health and Environment), GMP & Financial regulatory, statutory and company standards, and will deliver all aspects of automation and control system performance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and executing automated equipment validation, including computerised system validation
- Providing expert support for the delivery of new automated systems into a production environment from development to final production handover
- Project management of small projects including technical and business change management and budget control
- Providing expert support to automation system faults and to quality incidents related to automated system functionality
- Ongoing management of compliance and obsolescence (hardware and software)
- Collaboration with global colleagues and equipment suppliers to ensure systems are designed and developed to best meet business process requirements and business standards
- Delivery of automation system coaching to technical and non-technical staff, including Engineering Technicians and Operating Teams
- Providing support to the engineering/manufacturing operation during manufacturing periods
As a minimum you will hold a degree, HND or HNC within a relevant engineering discipline. Ideally you will have relevant work experience in a similar role or regulated industry.
Essential skills/knowledge include a good working knowledge of:
- Automation and control systems within a packaging and/or process manufacturing environment e.g. PLC, SCADA, Industrial PC, Vision Systems, Data Capture and Storage, Factory Networking
- Fault-finding / trouble-shooting and repair of automation and control systems
- Ideally you will have experience of leading projects.
- Familiar with Lean methodology, you should have the ability to apply lean tools to a service delivery activity
- You should have experience of working with external suppliers, including service level agreements, supplier certification, contract management, service negotiation etc.
For further information contact Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060