I am currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Supporting the Technical Manager
- Managing BRC System.
- Maintaining the Quality Manual ensuring regular reviews and updating when required.
- Managing quality procedure changes.
- Internal auditing, managing internal audit schedules and inspections by QA team.
- Coordinating and carrying out traceability audits, system audits.
- Member of the HACCP team, undertaking HACCP reviews and HACCP audits.
- Management of the Vulnerability Assessment aspect of the Food Safety Management Plan.
- Maintaining product & packaging specifications, undertaking regular specification reviews.
- Issuing new specifications.
- Working with NPD development contractors to manage product recipes.
- Assisting with factory trials.
- Assisting with supplier approval, performance monitoring and supplier certification.
- Liaising with procurement team regarding new supplier approvals, monitoring of suppliers regarding responses to non-conformances and complaints.
- Maintaining schedules for glass and hard plastic inspections by the QA team, following up repairs/replacements required with department heads.
- Assisting the Technical Manager with coordinating the monthly technical meetings and held stock meetings including minute taking.
- Completion of specifications for customers.
- Customer complaints trending
- Ideally you will have a Food science degree or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have an Internal auditing qualification.
- Minimum 3-year experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Practical experience of BRC audit and managing QMS/BRC system.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary range up to £30,000 depending on experience
- Working Monday – Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like more information please call Cassi Henderson at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060.