Production Team Leader
We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join us as a Production Team Leader at our Aylesbury site and you'll lead a team that makes food loved by millions.
Create the Future
Reporting into the Production Manager, you will lead, coach, motivate and inspire a shift to perform their day to day duties in reaching daily production targets. You'll be responsible for production mapping and planning with a real focus on achieving the departmental objectives which support the site business plans. Your role will also involve carrying out work environment audits, managing wastage and getting involved in project work. Managing a team of up to 9 Technicians and 10 Operatives, you will ensure the highest level of output in order to meet the production plan. Some specific responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that all health and safety, quality, legal, and other company standards are adhered to in order to provide a safe and compliant working environment
* Manage the delivery of daily/weekly/monthly targets to ensure the department achieves its goals
* Define resource requirements, work planning and employee scheduling
* Effectively utilize and keep up to date with all relevant systems in order to efficiently deliver all activities
* Look for ways to continually improve operational performance to ensure your department adopts a genuine continuous improvement mindset
* Identify, develop and implement procedural improvements
* Identify and deliver opportunities that add value within the department
* With the support of your line manager take personal responsibility for your own development in order to continuously learn and develop for the benefit of yourself and Arla
This is a shift-based role covering days and nights on a rotating basis, including weekends.
Grow with Arla
As a business we're committed to professional development and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
A responsible and forward-looking business, we make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for, and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, and Lurpak® names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries worldwide.
… An experienced shift manager or team leader in a fast paced, 24/7 environment preferably food manufacturing. You must have the ability to think on your feet and be decisive, particularly when on night shift when Senior Managers are not on site. You will need to be highly PC literate, with any knowledge of SAP an advantage. It would also be ideal, but not essential, if you have a Food Technology or related qualification. What is essential is that you have an open mind and a pro-active approach towards developing your people as well as new initiatives.
...online as soon as possible please. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package relative to the current market. We look forward to hearing from you.