My client is an Italian, family run business, which manufactures specialist Italian cheese, meats and fresh pasta. They also import and distribute Italian products across the UK.
They are currently looking for a Technical Manager to come on board and drive the high standards they have already set for themselves.
The role will involve:
- Overall responsibility for the management, implementation, supervision, maintenance and documentation of the Company Quality and Food safety system in accordance with the requirements of the BRC standard.
- Responsible for leading BRC, 3rd party and retailer audits.
- Management of the quality management system, reviewing and amending procedures
- Working closely with Operations to ensure the smooth day to day running of the production, guaranteeing non-conformances and food safety risks are resolved quickly, effectively and with integrity
- Managing and directing 1 Technical Team Administrator
- HACCP production areas
- Have a proven track record leading technical department within the food industry within food manufacturing. (Ideally 3+ years).
- Have experience working with the major retailers and be proficient in BRC and its implementation.
- Ideally you will also be degree educated or equivalent in a Food Discipline and someone who goes in search of new or relevant updates.
- HACCP and Food Safety Qualified (Level 3) also desired
40 hours per week.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 42000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.