Our team in Kiveton are now seeking a Category Manager to join them on new ventures looking after our chilled Categories
Your will be expected to become a trusted advisor for our customer base and develop these relationships further by following the category management process .Main responsibilities
As Category Manager you will lead the ongoing relationship with our customer to provide a single point of contact, ensuring consistency of communication. You will be required to analyse and interpret category reports to generate actionable insight which will improve business, customer performance and drive sustainable growth for both our business and the customer.
You will use category insight from multiple data sources to create strategies and plans which utilise the appropriate marketing mix to respond and align to the customer needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and drive a 2-3 year vision and road map outlining specific actions that will be required.
- Provide whole category analysis, recommendations and advice based on solid insight internally and externally always championing what is best for the category.
- Develop long term independent partnerships with our customer – Proactively leading category meetings such as new buyer inductions, performance updates, range reviews, store trials.
- Provide clear useful and unique insight internally and externally from advanced data analysis, generating ideas that will drive growth or address performance issues for the category.
- Champion the Category Vision and contribute to the annual planning process, clearly guiding strategic direction for your account.
You will be educated to degree level and have experience within an FMCG environment; you will have knowledge, skill and experience of a Category Executive / customer facing role.
You will also have experience working with one of the TOP FOUR RETAILERS / Discounters
You will have a good understanding of the retail environment and market place, strong communication and influencing skills as you’ll be presenting your recommendations and future plans to the customer on a regular basis, engaging the customer and delivering compelling category stories.
You must also have good numerical and analytical skill, in addition to being confident in preparing and delivering presentations.
Not only will you be working for one of the country’s leading food manufacturers you’ll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.