A unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, ambitious, food manufacturing business that is embracing a period of exciting, progressive change.
Reporting to the MD, this is a board level role to take full responsibility for the manufacturing capability and efficiency of the organisation along with contributing to the broader commercial and business strategy. The key responsibilities include:
- Develop appropriate plans for relevant departments to enable the effective delivery of the operational strategy.
- Continually seek out new ideas for improving operational performance, utilising appropriate CI tools and techniques.
- Lead the capital investment planning process to maintain the standards of a modern, well invested facility.
- To actively champion a progressive and compliant Health and Safety culture ensuring that all policies associated with this area are fulfilled.
- Ensure overall control of overhead costs in line with agreed budgets and subsequent in-year forecasts.
- Implement optimum organisation structures that will improve processes, minimise duplication and increase efficiency in the context of the overall objectives.
- Champion and cascade processes associated with lean manufacturing.
- Develop talent and capability across the operations function. Ensure formal development plans are in place for individuals where appropriate.
- Clear direction setting and line management.
- Significant manufacturing experience in food or food-related business.
- Experienced in leading operational functions including manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering.
- A track record of delivering change in a manufacturing environment against a background of customer and cost pressure.
- Comfortable with being a highly visible role model, both to the operations teams but also across the wider business.
- Proven commercial acumen to enable year on year margin improvement.
Longer term career progression is hugely attractive in this ambitious and dynamic business.