Claremont Ingredients creates and manufactures flavourings for supply to the food and beverage industries and is now one of the leading independent companies in the UK flavour industry. Our customers are predominantly in the beverage, dairy, bakery, confectionery and sports nutrition sectors.
We are currently recruiting for an NPD Manager to lead the new product development team.
- Manage project briefs, interpreting customer requirements and allocating resource to ensure timely and quality proposals
- Proactively research and monitor market trends to identify new commercial opportunities
- Train and maintain a sensory panel for product development, benchmarking and quality control
- Work closely with the business development team in responding to enquiries and new opportunities
- Manage the product library, identifying gaps and developing proposals for new flavours or other products
Preferably with a food science or technology degree, the successful candidate is likely to have a technical background in flavours or the ingredients industry or alternatively have experience of working in one of the main business sectors that we supply.
You will be a highly motivated and organised self-starter with strong technical knowledge and a good understanding of the food industry. You will need to keep up to date with emerging trends and be proactive in creating ideas for new products. Experience in new product development and managing a team are essential.