Flavourist / Flavour Creation Manager
Claremont Ingredients creates and manufactures flavourings for supply to the food and beverage industries and is now one of the leading independent companies in the UK flavour industry. Our customers are predominantly in the beverage, dairy, bakery, confectionery and sports nutrition sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Flavourist to support the new product and business development teams.
- Interpret and respond to briefs for new flavourings, ensuring customer and commercial requirements are met
- Assess competitor products for matching and/or market research purposes
- Proactively research and monitor market trends to identify new opportunities
- Work closely with the NPD Manager in responding to enquiries, ensuring timescales and finished proposals comply with the brief
- Assess new raw materials and check both legal and commercial aspects of their use in new products
Preferably with a food science or technology degree, the successful candidate will have a technical background in flavours and experience as a creative flavourist.
You will be a highly motivated and organised self-starter with strong technical knowledge and a background in flavour creation. You will need to keep up to date with emerging trends and be proactive in creating ideas for new flavours. Experience of application work within the food industry would also be an advantage.