The job holder will ensure the Safety, Legality, Quality and Ethical Integrity of all products produced at the Peter Hunt’s Factory by ensuring that all stages of manufacture from development, customer acceptance and full production comply to all policies, codes of practice, legislation and work instructions.
- Management and leadership of Technical and Quality team on site.
- Management, maintenance and administration of the site HACCP system.
- Initiation of investigations and response to customer in relation to all customer complaints in conjunction with the Technical and Production teams.
- Maintenance of the Quality Manual and all procedures therein to ensure that the Quality Management System complies with customer and BRC requirements
- Ensuring all procedures in the Quality Manual are adhered to especially with respect to Critical Control Points.
- Overseeing document control of all factory documents including forms, recipes, specifications and labels.
- Carrying out Factory Audits of the site and ensuring non conformances are taken up with the appropriate persons responsible and pursued to an agreed solution.
- Ensuring microbiological testing and swabbing regimes are adhered to and food safety issues are addressed.
- Member of Continuity Management Team.
- Supplier approval and monitoring
- Ensure good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and health and safety is maintained at all times
- Any other task reasonably requested by site Manager
- Displays effective communication and listening, skills at all levels.
- Confident using a Computer.
- Self-organisation, motivation, planning, prioritising and time management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the food safety and quality requirements of the both the business and the customers.