We have a opportunity available at Park Royal to do a maternity cover for the position of Operative Trainer.Main responsibilities
To support the training team and Process controllers in training new and existing employees to reach the optimum operational performance as required by the various operations Managers.
To continuously monitor quality on line specific to the task being carried out. To ensure customer satisfaction raising any issues to the line leader where necessary.
To work as part of a line team.
Reporting to Production Manager and Training Officer across all levels on a daily basis.
To assist new and existing staff during product changes, to fully understand customer product specifications.
Administration and involvement in induction to familiarise new employees with the site and its products.
Leading by example on maintaining high standards of hygiene and safe working practices in accordance Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations.
Liaison between Training Department and Operational departments in administering training. (Ensuring the required staff attends courses as required).
To achieve all training KPI's for the site.
- New starters Induction
- Health & Safety and Food Safety Refreshers
- Liaise with all others involved in providing the induction programme to ensure smooth running of same and taking inductees around the department.
- Assist in appraisals and assessment of staff in the department.
- Assist in driving forward Investors in People initiatives.
- Liaise between HR Department and own department on all training initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Manager to provide all administration and documentation for all necessary training courses.
- Liaison between the Training Department and the operational departments to ensure excellent attendance and appreciation of the reason for training.
- To promote training and development to both managers and staff throughout the department.
- To produce a product that exceeds quality and customer requirements.
- Ensure usage of correct products and equipment at all time.
- Ensure correct weights are applied using scales when required.
- Liaise with all Management and Technical staff.
- Follow instructions as required.
The Company reserve the right to provide you with additional duties as reasonable and as required for the proper performance of the role.
Education / Qualifications
- Computer literate : Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Excellent English both written and verbalKnowledge and Skills/ Training/Experience
Basic Food Hygiene
Basic Health and Safety
Confident and approachable
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of food processing operations
Knowledge of product specifications
Daytime hours of work but weekend working and Bank Holidays will be expected occasionally.
- Be aware of and comply with Company Policy on health and personal safety.
To adhere to Company values at all times.About the company