Health, Safety and Training Manager
Health, Safety and Training Manager
Food Manufacturing Business
£38,000 - £40,000 + package
Reporting into General Manager
- 20 days holiday and 8 Bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary KPI bonus scheme once the individual has completed a probationary period
- The individual will need to live within a reasonable travel distance to the site
- They must have similar or same Food Manufacturing experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Health, Safety and Training Manager to join a highly successful business.
Reporting to the site General Manager, the Health, Safety and Training Manager will be responsible for implementing, co-ordinating and managing health, safety and training policies and procedures to agreed standards in a fast paced food manufacturing environment where the health & safety of workers is paramount. The Health, Safety and Training Manager will manage site compliance with the applicable statutory regulations and requirements, providing guidance, advice, induction & ongoing training.
The successful candidate will provide information, guidance and support to line management enabling them to meet their duties and responsibilities as laid out in the group health & safety policy.
Health, Safety & Training
- Carrying out regular and comprehensive risk assessments and maintain records to ensure management have access to up to date safety records,
- Assist maintain standard operational procedures, which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Oversee that safe working procedures are developed and implemented
- Ensure the continuous development of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Advising on any changes to working practices, to ensure that they are safe and compliant
- Maintain compliance with all national and local regulations, standards, codes and company policies and advise employees and management on regulatory issues
- Identify actions for the improvement of Health and Safety and on-going continuous improvement practices
- Assist in the development and delivery of in-house training and management of training records and compliance reporting thereon
- Producing management reports, and safety bulletins
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports
- Compiling incident and accident statistics and supporting the company’s objectives for an incident free culture
- Perform internal Health and Safety Audits & prepare for external Health and Safety audits
- Maintaining a working knowledge of UK Health and Safety Legislation and any developments that could impact the company
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with the attached Health and Safety responsibilities
- Comply with company policy and procedure on safe food handling and hygiene at all times.
- Carry out monthly H&S meetings with site management team and site H&S champions
- Oversee and ‘own’ the Learning Plus training system
- Actively contribute and when appropriate lead on relevant ClearSteps project
Knowledge/ Skills/ Qualifications
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience carrying out a similar role in a manufacturing environment prefer Food Industry.
- Positive attitude towards Health and Safety, with a desire to resolve issues effectively and quickly,
- Track record of maintaining and developing a safe working environment,
- Contribute actively as a team player with proven interpersonal skills,
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills to maintain a standard of written and verbal information,
- Experience in training with strong presentation skills and the ability to train staff at all levels,
- Excellent attention to detail, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results in a fast paced pressurized environment,
- Ability to explain complex technical information in an effective manner,
- Confident Microsoft Office & IT skills.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills are essential along with the confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels and maintain diplomatic yet assertive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrable record of promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace, with relevant, hands on Health & Safety experience.
For further information please contact Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060.