Our client is a leading Consumer Goods business supplying to the multiple retail sector and has ambitious growth targets and anticipates doubling in size in the short to medium-term. They pride themselves on supplying innovative solutions and delivering unrivalled levels of customer service.
They currently have a need to recruit a Senior Purchasing Manager who has the potential to support the business in delivering these plans and lead the Purchasing function and drive strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring lowest sensible cost as well as identifying opportunities for suppliers to introduce added value services and products
- Managing supplier relationships and ensuring that there are strong trading relationships underpinned by robust terms of business.
- Tracking SLAs across suppliers, identifying areas for improvement and communicating this with key-stakeholders.
- Working with suppliers and NPD to identify new opportunities for packaging and products that will enhance the top and/or bottom line growth.
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure that the company achieves the optimum commercial arrangements.
- Attending key trade shows and events to source new suppliers who will be able to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Supporting in the maintenance and management of the procurement system.
- Working cross-functionally within a non-hierarchical culture to deliver the purchasing needs of the business and support on wider business initiatives.
- We are looking for a Purchasing Specialist with an FMCG or similar fast-paced environment background and strong supplier-management experience.
- The person will have a cultural style that enables them to thrive in an SME, combined with the professionalism to ensure they are strong ambassadors for the business and a can-do attitude.
The role is based in the North West