Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
To ensure and audit the site against to food quality and safety standards for compliance. To provide guidance and support to teams on site with adherence to relevant standards, policies, legalisation and regulations. Compliance Technologist is an integral part of a technical team assisting the Compliance Manager with implementation of QMS documentation across the site.
• Ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality & GMP procedures by auditing.
• Be a proactive and constructive member of the Technical Team, contributing to the generation of new ideas for continuous improvement in accordance with audit non-conformances.
• Ownership of Internal Audit Programme, including GMP, QMS & internal prerequisite program.
• To lead Technical Close calls investigations linked to Food safety, Compliance or Quality.
• To assist and manage Root Cause investigation when incidents or trends appear.
• To monitor and assist Compliance Manager with the upkeep of Quarantine & Concession log.
• To perform & challenge annual CCP & prerequisite verifications
• Investigate complaint trends ensuring preventive measures are put in place.
• To assist Compliance Manager with the generation and implement QMS on site, so aligned with 3rd Party External Standards & Customer Policies.
• Be an active team member during traceability audits – forward, backwards and mass balances.
• Challenge hygiene practices and standards with the aim of reducing microbial incidences and swab numbers.
• Conduct product assessment panels based on adverse product trends and implement corrective / preventive actions.
• To motivate and promote Quality Culture via teamwork & coaching other departments onsite.
• Assist in the training of Quality Management Procedures, and subjects linked to Food safety & Quality culture as appropriate.
• Audit raw materials for compliance by performing microbial sampling & quality control parameter inspections.
• Role will require an element of ‘out of hours’ working within reason (predominantly days).
• Cover Tech Admin tasks due to absence or requested.
You will have exposure to Quality Assurance/Technical within the Food Manufacturing sector. A Food related Degree is desirable as is knowledge of BRC standards. You will have good communication skills ready to work well as part of a positive team!
Pension (contribution as of April 4% employer/employee matched)
23 days holiday + bank holidays
Childcare voucher, cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.